"Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known." - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Caca Rouge, Sh*t Red



I want a hair colour change but because of the nature of my hair I need something that's not damaging and is chemical free. I came across a LUSH (the company lol) product called Caca Rouge which is a henna based product, it promised red tones for my black hair.I went into town a couple of days after and bought it, I was actually so eager to use it and hopefully get great results. It's only £7.10 for the whole thing and has 6 blocks, I only used 3 blocks because of my short hair.

It was a very mucky process because I had to melt the blocks and then put the liquid form in my hair, I managed to colour my hands orange and yep they're still stained after 2 days. I actually don't mind the smell of the henna and even now my hair still smells lush ;)...anyway like I was saying it was a very dirty process and I ruined my clothes because stupid me had forgotten that henna stained, and I was wearing my favourite cardigan-which is now orange in places :(. I had to have it on my hair for like 4 hours with my head wrapped in cling film and because I'd put it on quite late at 8-ish I had to wash it all out at midnight, it took ageeees to wash out and after all that time and effort I was quite disappointed: even though my hair smells lush and feels soft and thick there are hardly any red highlights-darn my black hair. It's got a slight red/purplish tint when in the light though.

Although I was disappointed with the results I'm gonna try again next week to see if I can build up the colour a bit more. Wish me luck! I would post a pic but there is honestly no point :(

No comments:

Post a Comment